To celebrate the game's second anniversary, Avengers Academy 2.0 was released 6 February 2018, and featured major changes to combat, the Mission Board, and character rank-ups. It also added features such as your Academy Power Level, Stamina, and a new Hero Management board.
Combat was significantly overhauled, and is no longer restricted to just during events. Academy students are categorized into Types and Classes. They each have a unique Basic Attack, Special Attack, Passive trait, and two Ultimate abilities. A full list of all student traits are listed on the Combat Attributes article.
Combat is accessible through the new Campaign Map.
- Students are assigned one of five combat Types: Physical, Science, Tech, Mystic, and Cosmic.
- New buildings: Physical Building, Science Building, Tech Building, Mystic Building, Cosmic Building
- Students are assigned one of three Classes: Attacker, Support, or Tank.
Mission Board Edit
Upgrade the Mission Board Edit
- The Mission Board can now be upgraded. Upgrade requirements are listed on the Mission Board article.
- Provide combat stamina needed to engage in combat.
- Missions required to progress through the game or event storyline.
- Six random daily missions that are the main source of Experience needed to level up your Academy.
- Character recruitment and storyline missions.
- Event missions; this tab only appears when an event is active.
Character Rank-Ups Edit
Materials required to upgrade characters' Level, Rank, and Rarity can be obtained through normal and heroic combat.
- Provide upgrades to unlocked combat abilities.
- Permanently upgrades hero base stats for Health and Attacks.
- Increase your student's level with Comic Pages, Graphic Novels, Graphic Novel Box Sets, and Trading Cards.
- Provides a percentage boost to base stats.
- The materials required to upgrade students is now standardized according to their Type.
- Unlocks unique combat abilities and passives, and provides a significant percentage boost to combat stats.
- Rarity can be upgraded through Hero Shards, which are occasionally dropped from Heroic combat.
Academy Adventures Edit
On August 7, 2018, TinyCo introduced Academy Adventures. This feature allows players to play old events and earn some of the characters and outfits that were available during that event. In order to "buy" an old event, players can pay Shards or spend Tokens. Players earn 1 Token every 24 hours.