To celebrate the game's second anniversary, Avengers Academy 2.0 was released 6 February 2018, and featured major changes to combat, the Mission Board, and character rank-ups. It also added features such as your Academy Power Level, Stamina, and a new Hero Management board.
Combat was significantly overhauled, and is no longer restricted to just during events. Academy students are categorized into Types and Classes. They each have a unique Basic Attack, Special Attack, Passive trait, and two Ultimate abilities. A full list of all student traits are listed on the Combat Attributes article.
Combat is accessible through the new Campaign Map.
- Students are assigned one of five combat Types: Physical, Science, Tech, Mystic, and Cosmic.
- New buildings: Physical Building, Science Building, Tech Building, Mystic Building, Cosmic Building
- Students are assigned one of three Classes: Attacker, Support, or Tank.
Mission Board Edit
Upgrade the Mission Board Edit
- The Mission Board can now be upgraded. Upgrade requirements are listed on the Mission Board article.
- Provide combat stamina needed to engage in combat.
- Missions required to progress through the game or event storyline.
- Six random daily missions that are the main source of Experience needed to level up your Academy.
- Character recruitment and storyline missions.
- Event missions; this tab only appears when an event is active.
Character Rank-Ups Edit
Materials required to upgrade characters' Level, Rank, and Rarity can be obtained through normal and heroic combat.
- Provide upgrades to unlocked combat abilities.
- Permanently upgrades hero base stats for Health and Attacks.
- Increase your student's level with Comic Pages, Graphic Novels, Graphic Novel Box Sets, and Trading Cards.
- Provides a percentage boost to base stats.
- The materials required to upgrade students is now standardized according to their Type.
- Unlocks unique combat abilities and passives, and provides a significant percentage boost to combat stats.
- Rarity can be upgraded through Hero Shards, which are occasionally dropped from Heroic combat.